Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If My Father Was Still Alive




If My Father Was Still Alive

Written by : Jeffrey R Hilton




***
If my father was still alive,  I would tell him,  I love him more than he could ever know.  I would tell him that I am sorry that I didn't want to hold his hand,  as he took mine walking down our street together because,  I was 15 years old now !  I would tell him that his heart lives inside me still,  as sure as his blood runs through my veins.  I'd tell him that I've always admired him and try my best to help others selflessly as he did.  I would ask him more about his Dad,  and about his young life.  I would ask him if he still remembers letting me ride in the back window of the Volkswagen he once owned.   I would talk to my Dad about all the good times we had when I was growing up and share a good laugh over a beer.   I would tell him I was still impressed that he knew I unhooked his odometer and took the car for a joy ride when I wasn't supposed to.  I would tell my father that if I couldn't be more like him,  I was glad to at least be,   part of him.






I'd take my Father out to lunch and discuss current world events that are ever shaping the world and ask him if he ever thought he would see some of today's greatest inventions.  I'd tell him that I am grateful for his firmness with me,  when I needed it most.  I'd try to explain that I was young and impressionable and went against his good advice too many times.  I would ask him if there was anything I could do to make his life easier and comfortable in his advanced age.  I would thank him for all the things he taught me and for never beating or abusing me.  I know he would forgive me for the mistakes I've made and tell me,  it's what you do now and in the future that counts,  and to not to hold  onto and let past mistakes,  cloud my future.







If you have a father that was taken early in life,  and you still miss him, then share this post to pay homage to him.


If you are lucky enough to have a father,  that's still alive  
show him the greatest respect and let him know that you love him with all your heart.
Sometimes the best people are taken from the world suddenly,  and better affirmations of the heart be spoken to the living,  than holding them inside for the departed where they may haunt your soul.




***

Share
Comment
Join
Follow
Support

Do Have A Good Day And Honor Thy Father.

Jeffrey R Hilton

GOODDAYBADDAYASISEEIT















No comments:

Post a Comment

SUMMER LIGHT

  SUMMER LIGHT   WRITTEN BY   JEFF R HILTON   2024   I SAW MY LIFE AS MORE THAN ONE IF THAT'S ANY KIND OF WIN A NOD TO ALL THE TIME I PU...